Chemostrat has over 20 years’ experience in the North Sea and adjacent areas. As interest in shale gas exploration in Europe increases, there has been a corresponding increase in the application of our services to onshore Europe prospects. Below is a summary of our experience. Please contact us for more specific details.
Southern North Sea
- Refined correlation of the Silverpit / Leman.
- Characterisation of the Leman sands from the V fields, Cutter and onshore Netherlands, and Zechstein sequences, offshore Netherlands.
- 32 wells analysed as part of our SNS provenance study on the Permian, Dutch wells from E, F, J, K & L and UK wells from quads 44 & 49. Available for purchase
- 100+ wells in blocks 44 and 49 covering the Stephanian, Westphalian and Namurian. (see Carboniferous examples). Leading to a new Westphalian correlation scheme for the SNS.
- >60 wells analysed as part of 3 non-exclusive data sets, wells from the Upper Carboniferous UK quads 44 & 39 and Dutch wells from D, E, F, K, G, H & J. Available for purchase
- Provenance, marine band and coal correlation studies.
- Identification of the Basal Permian Unconformity (BPU) and correlation of the Boulton, Ketch, Cleaver, Westoe and Caister formations.
- Namurian characterisation and correlation in onshore wells, Saltfeetby.
Wellsite deployments for Leman, Ketch, Cleaver and Cretaceous Chalk geosteering.
Central North Sea
- Cretaceous : Chalk (Tor and Ekofisk) correlation in offshore Netherlands and Ekofisk Field.
- Middle and Upper Jurassic : 100+ wells integrated chemostratigraphy and sedimentology on the Middle and Upper Jurassic successions, providing an independent correlation framework for the UK CNS. Available for Purchase
- Triassic : 60+ wells in the Jade, Judy, Joanne and Jasmine fields.
- Triassic : Integrated chemostratigraphy and reservoir geology revision of both the UK and Norwegian Central Graben region, providing an enhanced intra-Triassic correlation and reservoir model for the area. Available for Purchase.
- Triassic : Wellsite deployment for geosteering.
Northern North Sea
- Cretaceous : Lower Cretaceous turbidites of the Britannia area.
- Jurassic : Otter, Brent and Ninian fields.
- Triassic / Lower Jurassic : refined correlation (c. 60 well correlation), in particular for Teist, Lomvi, Lunde, Statfjord and Dunlin, on both field and sub-regional scales. UK Quads 3, 210 and 211. Norway Quads 30, 33 and 34.
- Devonian : Buchan field. Correlation of high density turbidite sequences and sediment dispersal mapping. C.10 well correlation.
West of Shetland
- Devonian : Clair field, c. 10+ well correlation.
- Tertiary : Rosebank area, successful characterisation of basalt horizons, to improve correlation of the interbedded clastic reservoir and aid real-time drill bit positioning.
- Tertiary : >20 well turbidite sequence correlation and sediment mapping.
- Lower Palaeocene : 22 well integrated chemostratigraphy, heavy mineral, zircon geochronology and petrography study on the T10-T38 sequences. Investigating the sediment dispersal patterns in the Flett bub-basin.
- Mesozoic from <15 wells across the Porcupine, North Porcupine, Slyne and Erris basins
- Cretaceous from <5 wells from the Celtic Sea
- High resolution Triassic / Jurassic regional correlation for the area, 14 well database. Available to purchase
- High resolution Cretaceous / Lower Tertiary regional correlation for the area, 11 well database. Available to purchase
- Ordovician and Silurian regional studies of Baltic Basin, including Poland, Romania and Lithuania
- Carboniferous (Silesian) reservoir to field scale studies in France, Netherlands, Germany and Poland (using lab-based ICP and XRF instrumentation as well as portable handheld XRF instrumentation)
- Permian (Rotliegend) field study, Permian Basin, Poland
- Permian (Zechstein) regional study, Permian Basin, Poland
- Triassic successions (Buntsandstein / Muschelkalk) in the Central Iberian Basin, Spain, as an analogue for the Triassic of the Central Graben, North Sea
- Devonian regional study, Ukraine
- Triassic (Norian / Rhaetian) and Jurassic (Malmian) successions of the Vienna Basin, Austria
- Paleogene / Neogene regional study of the imbricated successions of the Molasse Basin, Austria
- Miocene successions within the Mako Trough of the Pannonian Basin, Hungary