Australia & New Zealand
Chemostrat, through its office in Perth, Western Australia has worked in many of the offshore and onshore basins in Australia and New Zealand. These predominantly comprise both field and regional scale chemostratigraphic correlation projects but also include heavy mineral analysis and detrital zircon geochronology for sediment provenance analysis, and reservoir quality evaluations.
- Extensive work in the Carnarvon Basin including projects in the Rankin Trend, Exmouth Plateau, and Exmouth, Barrow, Beagle and Investigator Sub-basins.
- Over 100 wells through the Upper Triassic Mungaroo and Brigadier Formations.
- Lower Cretaceous Barrow Group: fluvial – shoreface and turbidite sequences.
- Lower to Middle Triassic Keraudren Formation in the Roebuck Basin, including the Caley Play of the Roc/Phoenix/Dorado Bedout Sub-basin discoveries.
- Triassic (Sahul), Jurassic (Plover) and Cretaceous (Brewster) sequences, Browse Basin.
- Jurassic in the Vulcan Sub-basin (Montara and Vulcan Plays) and northern Bonaparte Basin (Plover and Elang Plays).
- Walloons Coal Measures and Springbok Sandstone in the Surat Basin.
- Deep Permo-Triassic fairways in the Bowen Basin.
- Upper Jurassic (Birkhead Formation) Eromanga Basin oil flank play.
- Deep Permian Nappamerri Trough succession in the Cooper Basin.
- Velkerri Shale in the McArthur/Beetaloo Basin.
- Unconventional (Ordovician Goldwyer Shale) and conventional plays (Upper Devonian Ungani Dolomite) in the Canning Basin.
- Permian plays in the onshore Perth Basin, including the Kingia – High Cliff reservoirs of the Waitsia Field.
- Jurassic, Cretaceous and Paleogene stratigraphy in the Otway Basin, Penola Trough and Port Campbell Embayment.
New Zealand Onshore
- Cretaceous to Miocene play fairways of the onshore and offshore Taranaki Basin, including a detailed evaluation of the Kupe Field.